Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Anti virus software for SBS 2003?

What is a good economical virus software for SBS 2003. I have used AVG for clients pc. However that doesn't work on server. Any advice on something affordable.



Anti virus software for SBS 2003?stinger



I don't recommend AVG only because I have repaired so many computeres that had AVG and it didn't stop what other Virus protection agents for clients could. There is a lot better for your clients but if you use a server, you will have to buy a minimum of 5 clients when you buy your server anti-virus software. That really sucks because on my SBS2003, I just had a stand alone server because I got the software for free.



My favorites that are better "priced" are from Trend Micro. They have come a long ways in the Anti-virus world. You get more for your money and their software works pretty good.



You could try Nortorn's corporate edition, but that is what I use as a top bar for pricing. Most of the business world and IT professionals use this and its best but the most expensive when you incorporate servers and clients.



I also have like comodo, but they didn't have a solution for the Vista Laptops. This is a free one for the clients. You might want to check back with comodo and see if they have a solution for your Clients on Vista and if their server products also support a single source of management and pushing out updates to your clients.



I hope this helps, good luck



Anti virus software for SBS 2003?virus scanner



Symantec EndPoint Protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment