Friday, August 21, 2009

Norton Anti Virus playing up?

I have an icon from Norton that is flashing non stop on my task bar. Norton says I am not protected from the virus that spread quick, they say the name is " Peacomm " a Trojan, but I have downloaded the Symantec Updates 4 or 5 times now and it is still there, I have also done a virus scan and the thing says it is all OK, any ideas ?



Norton Anti Virus playing up?nortan



This is a new virus/malware program that is being spead rapidly via email. There is information about it here, including instructions on how to remove it if you have been infected:



http://www.bestspywarereport.com/peacomm...



Good luck!



Norton Anti Virus playing up?noton



Suggest you follow the removal instructions on this link(Symantec).



This will include booting into safe mode/switch off system restore and possible regedit.



Peacomm is usually passed on through email attachments so you will probably have to delete any saved email atachments.



Happy Hunting
yeah i have the same thing as well ... pain in the butt !!



*edit* will keep an eye on your replies ...
Norton is the pits, ditch it.
ive got norton anti virus everything ok with me try a security scan of your pc see if anything comes up its on norton security or try symantecs web page but i just checked and the virus in question is on my outbrek alert but norton did find it
Same problem - I have just called a friend who said to disable NAV for 5 mins - close down PC - Re-open and then inable NAV it will then update - Mine still shows as threats but not been attacked in the last 25 mins (previously this was 68 times in 10 minutes)



I have also called Symantec (who tried to sell me updates at 拢47.00!!)



Friend coming round to take a look on Wednesday if he fix's I will let you know how.
oh god, same problem Ive done diff scans and it doesn't show up either,i think its ad-ware.

No comments:

Post a Comment