Sunday, August 23, 2009

Is NORTON ANTI-VIRUS SUBSCRIPTION worth it?

My virus definitions expired and I keep getting these warnings that I am no longer protected.....I dont know if I want to shell out $40 a year for this service. Do you think its a scam, or am I gonna get slammed with viruses? I would think the basic program is enough protection.



Is NORTON ANTI-VIRUS SUBSCRIPTION worth it?vista



Uninstall Norton and use AVG. It's good to have updated definitions, but there are too many free or cheap alternatives to be paying Norton $40 a year.



Is NORTON ANTI-VIRUS SUBSCRIPTION worth it?antispyware



Pocket your wallet!! GET RID OF NORTON!!!!! Worst crap in the antivirus universe.



Get Avast. 100% free, and the very best.



http://www.avast.com
Its worth the cost to be protected.
Personally, I pay for it and I feel it's worth it. However, I have a couple of friends and family members whose computers I work on. They're not always up for paying for some of this preventative stuff so for anti virus I have them use AVG. It's free for home use and it updates in the background like any other program. Never had a virus on any of the machines that it's used on so if you're not doing anything overly dangerous then I'd say go for something free.



AVG:

No comments:

Post a Comment